Dreaming of You...


Saturday, March 21, 2009

Art Theme today - ZOO

Final touch-up after pasting the art piece on the soft board.

I bought another sticker and "fill-in the blanks", and added shelled beads to the rim of the ponds. I applied some coloured glitter glue to liven up the art work. The piece's finally completed!


Saw these pretty zoo animals and birds stickers on the rack in the shop today and suddenly thought of an idea for our art lesson today. Shanice and I coloured the A3 size art paper with crayons. After completing the colouring part we tried to stick on the animals stickers but we forgotten that crayons are oil based so the stickers just refuse to "stay there". No choice, I had to use white glue to stick the stickers on the various place all over again. After finishing the piece, I felt it still lacks something. I broke the toothpicks in 2 and used them for the fencing, I also used the different shades of blue sequins for the water in the pool. I cut some artificial flowers and paste it on to make the art work more 3D. Completed with satisfaction!

Total cost $2 (stickers) only! All mummies can try these out at home, takes you a little time but the masterpiece is so so pretty. PS: I've been staring at it the whole night.






The completed piece. I used blue shades sequins for water, toothpicks and rope string for fence, small artificial flowers pasted in the piece to create a 3D look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love My Family

Thumbs Up